I guess the fashion gods were listening and suddenly, the traditional Japanese robe was back in stores with a modern twist! I love all things oriental and all things boho so now that my dream came true, what did I do? Well, lets just say I have five kimonos in my closet! However, a lot of people are confused about how to style one so here I am sharing some ideas and showing you how I like wearing mine.
- Kimonos are a great way to make a simple outfit interesting. You can wear them over dresses, shorts, rompers, pants and skirts (Click here to see how I wore one over a skirt. I personally prefer them with shorts though)
- Whether you choose silk, cotton, lace, fringe, no-fringe, long, short, neutral, bright, animal print, or tribal, a kimono adds a boho vibe to any outfit (I LOVE all things boho).
- If you're wearing a top, dress or romper with prints, I'd recommend a solid colored kimono on top and vice versa. (I NEED TO STOP talking about myself in brackets)
- A kimono also doubles as a swimsuit coverup! Perfect for the beach or poolside.
- You can even belt it for a different silhouette or loosely tie it in front for a unique look (short kimonos only, of course!)
- Wear your kimono with wide-leg or flare jeans for a seriously boho look with a ’70s vibe
And that is the end of Kimono class!
So here are two different looks I've created by throwing on beautiful kimonos I got from Blackfive over a basic cami and cute crochet shorts from Banggood. I accessorized with a fringed bag (I love all things fringe) and my favorite sunglasses from Yoyomelody and a pair of peep toe booties.
Floral Fringe Kimono - Blackfive Item link here
Crochet Shorts - Blackfive Item link here
Mirrored Aviators - YoyoMelody Item link here
Lace Panel Kimono - Blackfive item link here
Though I'm more partial to the floral fringe kimono but there's no denying that the plain one looks really lovely too! Which outfit do you prefer?